Friday, December 5, 2008

Hey everybody!

I am finally in Dublin! I have been settling in and have been meeting so many people. I feel a bit dizzy trying to remember names and sometimes even understanding names through thick accents from all over the world.

Abbey Church and the Boals are wonderful! I am super excited to be working with Alan and Ruth over the coming weeks and months. They have such a wonderful desire to serve Christ here in their community.

I am also working with an Irish guy named Mark. We will be working together with another youth club in the city to minister to the Youth of Dublin. He will also be working on a community Audit to aid Abbey in it's outreach to the surrounding area. I have been helping him with little things related to that and it is also helpful to me learning my area.

A week ago I got a "flat mate". Her name is Lydia and she is wonderful. It is great to have another person in the flat to share meals with. From January to April another intern with MTW will be joining me. Her name is Perry and we have already been emailing. I am very excited to meet her and work with her and Abbey. If y'all could pray for her as well, since she is now in the support-raising phase of her internship.

It has been SUPER cold since I arrived... cold and rainy. Not exactly a surprise, it is Ireland after all. But it can be tough at times. Since I am in the city I walk everywhere and when it is raining it can be quite a downer. Please pray that as I plan events for people to attend to experience Christian fellowship and to hear the Gospel and see it lived out that the weather would not discourage too many from leaving their homes.

Thank you all so much for your prayers and loving support! I keep having double takes since I arrived, "Am I really here?"... I keep expecting to wake up and to realize his was all a dream. But I really am here in the flesh and I am so excited that I have so many people praying for me.

Please pray that:
God would continue to mold me into the servant that he would have me be
God would prepare the path before me and the people I will be meeting and witnessing to with my daily life here.
God would bless the Boals (the pastor and family of Abbey Church) in their devotion to sharing Gospel in Dublin
I would not let the weather get me down. (sounds silly but it is a real concern of mine)

Hopefully by the end of this week I will be able to get some photos up and share that with y'all.

"And the ransomed of the Lord shall return and come to Zion with singing; everlasting joy shall be upon their heads; they shall obtain gladness and joy; and sorrow and sighing shall flee away." Isaiah 35:10

No comments: