Friday, April 18, 2008

I know, I know...

So I have been reminded again and again ( I wont say any names... you know who you are)
that I have no clue how to do this blogging thing... well, I do apologize for the huge gaps in between each blog post but I do have a reason, or more like a lack of reason to blog right now. So I figured that in order to satisfy the unnamed individuals mentions above I will now talk about all the incredibly boring stuff that I am up to these days.

1- I have been working on my support letter and getting them mailed out to everyone I think might be interested in what I will be doing (hopefully) in September and beyond. But see, I cannot mail all of the letters out at once since I mean to follow up with a phone call to talk about my mission work to come. So I have grouped the letters into groups of 16 to mail at a time so every week and a half I will have 16 phone calls to make... and then I will mail out the second batch, and so on.
Let me tell you, signing your name 50 times and writing your own address 50 times is not easy... But I will gladly sacrifice temporary use of my fingers for the greater cause of the mission in Ireland!

2- There is a book that I have grown up with, thanks to my mom, titled The Little White Horse. I recently decided to read it again since it has been one of my favorites for years. This may sound incredibly odd to, well, anyone who reads this, but every other time in my life I have read the book I reached the middle of the very last chapter and stopped. It was never on purpose, sometimes I might have misplaced it, other times I probably got caught up with another book... but there really is no excuse.
Last night was the first time I have ever read the entire thing. And it was more magical and lovely than I could have ever imagined... I felt that I owed it to my mom to tell her that this was the first time I ever read the ending... I was a little nervous because she loves the book so much that disowning me would be a perfectly reasonable punishment for my crime. She was only shocked out of her socks when I told her, so I felt much better.

well, thats all for now... I really hope more interesting things happen soon so I can write a better post!

1 comment:

Ryan Maiolie said...

it was john wasn't it...should have known